Zoom is becoming the video conferencing tool of choice in many homes, schools and workplaces. However, many people are only scratching the surface for what you can do with this powerful communication tool. For instance, most people know how to share their screen on a Mac or PC, but what about sharing the screen from an iPhone or iPad? As it happens, there are three different ways to share the screen of an iOS device in Zoom, so here’s what you need to know.
1. Share Your Screen from the Zoom Mobile App
If you joined or started a Zoom meeting on your iPhone or iPad, you can share the screen on your iOS device with the rest of the meeting participants. However, before you begin, you need to take a quick trip to the Settings app and enable Screen Recording. To do that go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls and tap the plus sign next to Screen Recording so that you can access it from the Control Center. Once you have that taken care of, follow the directions below.
- In the Zoom app, tap Share Content
- Choose Screen
- Open Control Center on your device
- Press and hold the screen recording button
- Tap Zoom
- Tap Start Broadcast
After a short delay, your iPhone or iPad screen will be available to view. To stop sharing, tap the red bar at the top of your screen and then tap Stop. Tap the red bar again to return to the Zoom meeting.
2. Share Your iOS Screen on Zoom With a Wired Connection
If you are using a Mac for your Zoom call, you can connect your iPhone or iPad with a USB cable in order to share your screen in a Zoom call. Here’s how.
- In the Zoom call, click Share Screen
- On the next screen, choose iPhone/iPad via Cable
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac via the USB charging cable
- Tap Trust this computer on your iOS device when prompted
Your iPhone or iPad will now be displayed on the screen for other participants to view. To stop sharing, click the Stop Sharing button at the top of the screen.
3. Share Your iOS Screen on Zoom with AirPlay
The final option for sharing the screen of your mobile device is to use AirPlay. This option uses Apple’s wireless display protocol to connect the screen on your iPhone or iPad to a Windows or Mac laptop. The only real requirement is that your iOS device should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer. Then, follow the steps below.
- Click Share Screen from your meeting control bar
- On the next screen, choose, iPhone/iPad
- If you want to share your device audio with meeting participants, check the box labelled, Share Computer Sound
- Click the blue Share Screen button
- If prompted, install the Zoom plugin
- Open Control Center on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap Screen Mirroring
- Choose Zoom from the device menu to share you screen